Instant PAN allotment in near to real time is available at free of cost. Individuals (other than minors) with a valid Aadhaar number (with updated Mobile number) can avail the PAN allotment facility.
EASY STEPS TO APPLY FOR A PAN CARD ONLINE:-
1) Visit the income tax department's e-filing portal and click on "Instant PAN through Aadhaar" section under "Quick Links" on the left side.
2) Click on "Get New PAN" on the new page.
3) Enter your Aadhaar number for allotment of new PAN card and the Captcha code to generate an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile phone.
4) Validate OTP.
5) Validate Aadhaar details.
6) You will have an option to validate your email id as well for PAN card application.
7) The e-KYC data of that Aadhaar number is exchanged with the Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI) after which you will be allotted an instant e-PAN. The entire process is not supposed to take more than 10 minutes.
8) You can download your PAN in pdf format by submitting the Aadhaar number at "Check Status/ Download PAN". You will also get the PAN in PDF format by your email, if your email-id is registered with Aadhaar database.
The entire process of getting a new PAN card has now been made free, easy and paperless. You are also not required to upload any documents on the portal.
Note that the facility is available only to those who have never been allotted a PAN before, mobile phone number is linked to Aadhaar number and complete date of birth in DD-MM-YYYY format is available on the Aadhaar card. Besides, the instant e-PAN card facility is not available to minors.
In the February 1 Budget this year, finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman had announced that to further ease the process of allotment of PAN, the government will launch a new system under which PAN shall be instantly allotted online on the basis of Aadhaar without any requirement for filling up of detailed application form.